How to become a BrisStyle indie Marketeer
Each BrisStyle Indie market aims to:
• SUPPORT our Creative Community
• CREATE opportunities for BrisStyle Members
• PROMOTE Handmade
• ACTIVATE Creativity
• STRENGTHEN our Local Community
Whether you are an emerging or established local crafter or artisan these markets will offer the perfect arena to promote your business as well as connect you with likeminded souls.
Although we encourage a fun atmosphere at our markets and events we take all aspects from applying, right through to ensuring a high level of stall and stock presentation, very seriously.
All wares sold at the markets need to be of the highest handmade quality and reflect the signature style of each participant.
The 4 different BrisStyle Markets are as follows:
To participate in any BrisStyle Market you must be a financial member of BrisStyle Inc.
Before you apply:
- All items must be handmade by the individual member / partnership.
- 75% of each completed product must be produced locally to the member/partnership.
- Products must be of high quality and meet relevant safety standards.
- Your products must be unique and display your own signature style.
- If you don’t have an online presence you must provide 1 product image per category with your application.
- For all outdoor BrisStyle Markets you will need to supply your own tables, marquees and displays and in the case of the BrisStyle Indie Twilight Market, your own battery operated lighting.
- Several BrisStyle Markets offer sharing options between two members
- There may also be a Co-op option offered for debuting members.
- If required, all food vendors and musicians will be by invitation only.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Who can apply to trade at the markets?
If you make your own locally crafted goods then the BrisStyle indie Markets are for you! Whether you are an emerging or established independent (indie) artist, crafter or designer, if your wares are made locally by you and you are a member of BrisStyle Inc. you will be able to apply to join in all the fun.
How do I become a member of BrisStyle Inc.?
Becoming a member of BrisStyle is easy – APPLY HERE
If I apply to become a member now, will I automatically get into the BrisStyle Market of my choice?
BrisStyle membership does not give you automatic entry to each market as each event has it's own set of criteria, which must be met prior to your market application being accepted.
NB: Applications for each market close up to 4 weeks prior to each event and if sites are still available a second round offer may be made.
What can I sell at the markets?
High quality, locally handmade wares including but not limited to: jewellery, bags & accessories, clothing, toys, paper & stationery goods, books, zines, homewares, artworks, soap, perfume and beauty products.
Can I sell second hand or vintage wares at the markets?
The BrisStyle Indie Eco Market is the only market where vintage or second hand wares are permitted alongside eco crafted handmade wares.
I’m part of a collective that raises money for charity can we apply to trade?
No. If required, all charity and community group sites will be by invitation only. Individual members of the collective may join BrisStyle, however they will only be permitted to trade at our markets with items they have made themselves.
I’m an agent for other designers; can I set up a stall and sell their stock at the markets?
No. Only items made by a financial member / partnership may be sold at BrisStyle Markets. Selling items made entirely by another party is considered on-selling and is not permitted.
I am a franchisee can I sell my work at the markets?
No. The selling of franchised wares is not permissible at any BrisStyle Market.
I design my own wares but have them made offshore can I sell them at the markets?
No. 75% of each completed product must be produced locally to the member/partnership.
I’m a food vendor can I take part?
We love to support local foodies at our Hamilton Markets and if required, all positions for food vendors will be by invitation only. We invite you to email us your details and any relevant links etc to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep your information on file.
NB: The Brisbane City Council does not allow food vendors to trade at our City Hall and King George Square based markets.
I’m an indie musician can I play at your Markets?
We also love to support local emerging indie musicians and often have openings for small ensembles at our Hamilton Markets for you to busk. Please contact us if you would be interested in performing.
The Brisbane City Council organises all the music for the BrisStyle indie Twilight Markets in King George Square so please contact them directly if you are interested in performing at these events.
How much is it to have a stall at the Markets?
- $99 (inc GST) - 3x3m outdoor site (requiring your own marquee)
- $55 (inc GST) - 1/2 trestle table shared Co-op site (90cmx80cm)
- $165 (inc GST) – 2.5mx2m indoor site
- $88 (inc GST) - 2.5mx2m limited indoor site
- $95 (inc GST) - 3x3m outdoor site (requiring your own marquee)
- $55 (inc GST) - 1/2 trestle table shared Co-op site (90cmx80cm)
- Watch this space!
Do I need my own equipment?
BiTM: Yes. All stallholders will need to supply their own marquee, sandbags/ weights as well as their own tables, chairs and battery powered lighting.
BiM Hamilton: Yes. All outdoor stallholders will need to supply all of the above with the exception of lighting, which is restricted to special twilight events at this location only.
BiTM and BiM Hamilton: If you choose the Co-op option all your equipment excluding displays and lighting (for the BiTM) will be provided.
BiM City Hall: A 1.8m table and one chair will be provided as part of your stall fee. Each stallholder will need to have a white floor length tablecloth, which can be covered with a coloured overlay of the stallholder’s choice.
I really want to apply for your next market. How do I apply?
- Read all the ins and outs of BrisStyle membership here.
- Determine whether you will need a single or partnered membership.
- Apply for BrisStyle Membership using our online application.
- Upon receipt of your membership fee you will be granted access to the ‘members only’ section of the BrisStyle website as well as provided with a copy of the BrisStyle Membership Handbook. As soon as you have access to the ‘members only’ section of the website you may apply for any markets open for application.
What will I need to get ready for my Application?
If you don’t have links to your wares online you will need to submit 1 high quality image for each category of product you wish to sell at the markets. These images must be 72dpi, no larger than 500MB, be crisp and clear and show detail of your finished work.
Where to from here?
Head on over to our website and find out more about BrisStyle membership so you can join in on all the fun!